[IP] priming

I have been using the Minimed 508 for over a year now and the last few times
that I have changed the set, I have had to prime much more than usual.  I use
the long tubing and have always set the second prime for 5 units which always
came out the needle before the end of the 5.  This morning I had to prime it
just about 10 units before a drop came out.  I did prime it manually before
and saw an nice drop of insulin come out and watched the insulin reach the
top before it came out.  What could be different and why is this happening?
Any ideas?????  Debby