Re: [IP] Re: Freedom?

On 2 May 2001, at 8:12, J Hughey wrote:

> well, hopefully, they have an all night pharmacy somewhere where i can buy
> Regular and syringes w/o a prescription.  So that could be one potential
> hazard that I should
> pay attention to if there's any chance that there won't be a pharmacy.  Even
> so, if push comes to shove, AAA will tow my car all the way home.  :-)>>>
> I learned from Michael to carry a syringe with me and if I run out of insulin
> (stupidity rules - my fault  <gr>) I can draw the insulin from the
> reservoir/tubing and inject. There's 20u in the luer lock and 20u in the
> tubing - I use about 30u a day therefore I would have more than a day's worth.
> I use Sof-Sets non-QR.

I'm glad you wrote about that.  To remind us.
> Allstate's motor plan has a ceiling amount for towing then we're stuck with
> the rest. Would AAA really tow your car all the way home w/o any charge to
oh heck no.  They'd charge us a bundle.  Although I did sign us up
for the maximum distance option this year.  Used to be 5 miles.
Now it's more (I forget how many).

Last time I used AAA's towing service (about 5 yrs ago, I think), I
had no way to get home, and no one to come and get me.  So I
had him tow my car all the way.