Re: [IP] Quick-set Review: some good, some not so good

At 11:05 AM 5/2/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I also had difficulty keeping my blood sugar under control when on the
>Quick-sets.  I don't know the reason for this, perhaps it was the shorter
>cannula (6 mm) on the sets I used or maybe my body needed longer to adapt to
>them.  But over the time I used the Quick-sets, I found it more difficult to
>keep my blood sugar down

I had trouble with my bg's when using the 6mm Quick-sets and I have been
using the 6mm Soft-set Micro for over six months without any problem.  I
measured the cannula length on a Quick-set that I had removed and found it
to be only 4mm long.  I took apart a new one and it measured about 5mm.  I
measured a new and a used Soft-set Micro and they both measured 6mm.  I
called MiniMed and they had me return the sets I measured.  I have not
heard back from them as of yet.  I have a five month supply of the
Quick-sets and don't feel that I can use them.  I will be seeing the local
rep next week and will discuss it with him.

Tnx, Corky