Re: [IP] Freedom???

In a message dated 5/1/01 8:46:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> I will have to bring prep, tape, meter, pump and extra infusion sets
> with me EVERYWHERE I go, in case of an occlusion alarm. Am I right?? Am I

Greetings!  Well you can probably slim that down a bit.... I only take my
extra pump when I am traveling.  I DO keep an extra infusion set in my brief
case and a couple in my desk - but I also work with severaly disabled people
who grab - so have lost one site due to it being pulled out. (the other
couple of times did it myself).  Since I sometimes am in a hurrry leaving in
the morning I now also keep a bottle of insulin in the fridge at the office
and a cartridge in my desk in case I have to change mid-day - but I usually
try to do my cartridge fills to home.

If you were doing an unplanned change you can probably get away without
having extra tape etc.  I use the Tender which has adheisive - so don't use
tape anyway. I then keep a couple if the IV prep pads with the infusion set
but they don't take much room.  Your meter you should be used to constantly
carrying anyway.  It really isn't that bad.  I also keep batteries in my
desk, purse, and briefcase.

So good luck - you'll do fine.  Linda and dax