Re: [IP] Freedom???

<< > My question to you is regarding the equipment that you are required to
 > with you at all times on the pump. I am on MDI now, 4 shots per day, but
if I
 > am going out and its not going to be during meal time, I only have to take
 > glucose tabs and sometimes my meter. If it is for a meal I bring my pen.
 > it appears that with the pump, even though I am supposed to have more
 > freedom, I will have to bring prep, tape, meter, pump and extra infusion
 > with me EVERYWHERE I go, in case of an occlusion alarm. Am I right?? Am I
 > missing something??   >>

Unless I'm going out of town overnight, the only thing extra I carry with me
is a syringe. And I generally just have one in the console of my car. I can
get insulin out of the reservoir in my pump. Even if the pump "runs out" of
insulin, there is still 20-30 units left in the tubing and luer neck. Just
suck it back into the reservoir and draw it up from there. Another thing I do
(when I think about it) is that, if I have a little bit of insulin in the
bottom of a vial after I fill the last reservoir out of that vial is toss it
into the little carrying case with my "goodies."

Jan and Elvis