Re: [IP] Thanks to all re "Thinking about pump"

On 2 May 2001, at 0:33, Brenda Moore wrote:

> I just want to say thanks to everyone who answered my message "Thinking
> about a Pump".  Everyone's response was very encouraging and along with the
> encouragement from my doctor I have decided to switch to a pump. Now I can't
> wait! Thanks again everyone.  Brenda Moore

yup yup :-D  I know how that is!

I hemmed and hawed and shuddered every time someone
mentioned a pump.  THen one day, someone told me about the
SofSet's Sofserter and suddenly.......  hmmmm

That following weekend, on my brother's sailboat in the San
Francisco Bay, while watching the Blue Angels (Fleet Week), I had
to go below to shoot up for lunch.  Going below is always dicey for
me (*urp*), but it was too choppy up to feel safe drawing up my
insulin up above.  And space up above is at a premium on their
boat.  Most of the space is down below.

But then, I'd injected and had to eat.  Hard to eat when you're
seasick!  I suddenly realized.... if I had a pump... beep beep beep
and "injection" would already be done.

That's when I was finally really "sold" on it.