[IP] Freedom???

I am seriously considering the pump, have contacted Minimed to get the
insurance stuff started and have an appointment with a CNE in about 2 weeks.
I have to tell you all how amazing I find the messages here and how often I
see messages where I think, "Yah, how does that work?" and the responses are
fantastic. What a wonderful feeling to know that you're not alone.

My question to you is regarding the equipment that you are required to have
with you at all times on the pump. I am on MDI now, 4 shots per day, but if I
am going out and its not going to be during meal time, I only have to take
glucose tabs and sometimes my meter. If it is for a meal I bring my pen. But
it appears that with the pump, even though I am supposed to have more
freedom, I will have to bring prep, tape, meter, pump and extra infusion sets
with me EVERYWHERE I go, in case of an occlusion alarm. Am I right?? Am I
missing something??  I would love to hear from anyone who lives with the pump
to let me know what I should expect or if I'm way off base.