Re: [IP] Pump and the beach

> Robert,
>     Although I have not pumped very long now.... 9 days to be
>     exact..... I
> have talked to a couple of people who had very good suggestions.
> They said that it's important to remember to put the end cap on the
> infusion site when you aren't connected. That is so no salt water or
> sand can get in.

The cover on Sils/Tenders is cosmetic only. The site is actually
protected by the silicon rubber insert that the needle of the
matching part pierces. It is really a dust cover and does not do
anything in water except capture sand in it mechanisms.

> Also, while sitting on the beach, IF it is
> extremely hot out, you may either want to put your pump in a towel
> to avoid a lot of sun exposure or if you can, put it in a cooler
> while you are sitting there.

Excellent idea -- keeps the insulin from getting fried.