Re: [IP] Pump and the beach

> In a message dated 4/30/01 7:08:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> >
> do you just inject into the set?  i dont know where to do this on
> the QuickSet.....oops, i found it.  it's right in the middle.  have
> you tried it with this yet?

I've only experimented with SofSets and Sils. With the Sils you have
to be careful not to push the syringe in too deep or it can penetrate
the tube on the other site and ruin the set. If the needle goes
"straight" in is is not a problem, but a killed a couple of sets
figuring out how to do it just right. I'd suggest experimenting on
old one's you've removed just before they go in the trash.

With the sof-set, there is a 2.5 unit resivovoir of insulin after the
QR fitting, so you push that much H in ahead of the R and must push
the R in as well. It's hard to do with the SofSet unless your are
bolusing for a meal as well. The other sets usually have a residual
volume of under a unit so it is not a much of a problem. Remember
that a unit of H goes in ahead of the R and you must chase the R with
another unit of H to push it in. All of this must go into the unused
insulin calculation for the period you will be disconnected and the
expected bg's.