[IP] Thinking about a Pump

I have been a diabetic for 18 years and am thinking about going on a pump.
I have spoken to a rep at Animas and it sounded like all you have to do is
get your basil rate set and then bolus after every meal, but about reading
the book "Pumping Insulin" is sounds much more complicated than that.  Does
a pump allow you more freedom such as what you eat, what time you eat and
being able to exercise when you want?  Brenda Moore