[IP] Re: ketoacidosis question

In a message dated 5/19/2001 3:32:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> > My Endocrinologist said that it takes 7 weeks for a ketoacidosis case to
> > send you into a coma, so I wouldn't worry about it during the night-time.
> > I'm not on a pump yet, so I don't know exactly what yyou should do during
> > that kind of a situation.
> > Kyle J. Skinner
> Seven weeks?  Are you sure he was referring to Ketoacidosis and not to
> Hyperosmolar Nonketotic coma?  It sure sounds that way to me.  I'm not even
> sure that it would take seven weeks for HHNS to result in coma.  Many type
> 1s
> can go into coma in a MUCH shorter time, though at least it is not as
> threatening
> a coma as HHNS.

Hi I just wanted to say that it took my Ashley about 2 weeks to go into a
keto coma.  This was when she was first diagnosed.  It's actually how we
found out she was diabetic.  So 7 weeks could not be right.

  Kim...........Mom of Ashley age 10(diabetic for 5 years & not pumping yet)