Re: [IP] in-office HbA1c machines

In office machine is about 2,000-3,000 bucks..probably they take the A1C
and put it through thier macine and charge for it to pay it off and to make
a few bucks. If it isn't calibrated it should be! What a waste! and then
not have an accurate test..that is really too bad :(
I doubt my insurance company would pay for 2 A1Cs in one day.
BTW- I would keep testing your hubby and keep a written record..206 is NOT
normal in a non-diabetic and maybe his A1C was low because he was having
lows. I know I would get a second opinion. The ADA has even changed it's
numbers now on when a person is diagnosed as having diabetes.
Why not call the ADA and get an idea from them? Most people I have met have
Not been diagnosed by a A1C..it is by either thier fasting BG or by a
family member taking thier BGs for the "fun" of it using thier BG machine.
Those numbers aren't normal for a non-diabetic.
Hope your hubby gets help with a diagnosis.
Take care!,
Ginny who has a new CDE wh has diabetes and really really likes this
CDE..she LISTENS and she knows what I mean...YIPPEEEE