[IP] in-office HbA1c machines

> My doctor said that the in-office machine
> is sometimes not well calibrated, and that we should rely on the lab
> results.
> Angie Weber

Hmmmm - makes you wonder why the in-office machine is used. My endo charges
ONLY $30 for a test on his machine. <gr> Then, Angie had to turn around and
have it done at the lab, too. Couldn't the in-office test be by-passed? My
endo's nurse took my hugsband's HbA1c because he has not been dx'd and has
had home BGs (my meter) ranging from 69-206. The result was 5.4 so endo
determined hugsy is not a DMer.
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) and Bluda Sue (MM507c, 3/99)