Re: [IP] Different HA1C'S

I have rarely heard anyone talk about the reference range that is being used for

The reference range is important to give validity to the numbers we so easily
"throw around".   Another thing is that the test isn't always an "A1C".....

>From what little I just read, the "good" numbers are based on the results of the
DCCT and it sounded like a specific test with specific reference ranges.....not
all labs use the same ranges...

Several years ago my HMO sent me a notification that they were changing the test
that they were using.  I think I remember a difference of about 1% in the
reference range. (non-diabetic) ----- That would make a big difference in the
perceived percentages being "good or bad"......

Jim S.
email @ redacted