[IP] How to become a CDE?

Im wondering, does anyone know what organization is responsible
for CDE education?

Im thinking about becoming one, (Im an RN) but have no idea
where to even get more information.  I see so many poorly
educated diabetics that going the CDE route might be my niche.

Also, if anyone is a CDE, was it difficult? How about the continuing
ed requirements?

Thanks for any info

Max (who doesnt think he wants to do med-surg for the rest of his
life :)