Re: [IP] Different HA1C'S

In a message dated 5/31/00 8:44:37 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Of course both doc's say that their lab is the accurate one and I myself
 would rather have the 6.3 or the 6.4 but who is right?
 My lipid panel came back very good also.
 Has anyone had two different results like this?  I wouldn't care if the
 results weren't so different but I would like to know what is what. >>

Hi Dawn

Lab tests for A1cs are not standardized and you will get different results
from different labs. What you need to look at are the lab's "normal range"
and see where your A1c falls within that scale. My lab's normal range is 4.4
to 6.2, for example. Another might be 5 to 7.

Jan (and Elvis)