[IP] Tendon Cysts Trigger Finger 2nd Opinion; Posting Clarified

I need to clarify that the part of my first reply early this AM:
   "There is a possibility that by the time your finger is displaced 1", the
muscles that control the finger will have shortened.  To stretch the muscles
to let the finger be straight again is difficult to do."
    This part is true if the problem is Dupytren Contracture located in the
tissue in palm.  If left untreated  for too long this can cause the hand to
be closed & the muscles may shorten.

The rest of my posting is true for Trigger Finger caused by the finger
tendon becoming inflamed with a lump.
The lump will usually cause a lot of pain and will not allow the tendon to
slide back and forth properly through a sheath located in the palm at the
base of the finger.

A real hand surgeon could be a Plastic, Orthopedic or a General Surgeon that
is recognized for their interest and skill at treating  hands.  If one
really feels lost you might could check with the American Association For
Hand Surgery in Arlington, IL  to get some help.
        Charles S.