[IP] Re: fatty tumors on lower abdomen

Your situation may be entirely different but years ago hypertrophy (a form
of insulin lipodystrophy) was occasionally seen in diabetics who injected
insulin into the same area repeatedly.  Fat and fibrous tissue would build
up and resist insulin absorption.  The skin would become somewhat anesthetic
and make it quite comfortable to continue using the same area repeatedly.
Rotating the injection sites along with the, then recommended use of
purified pork insulin, was the suggested solution.

John Kinsley
Type 1 for 44 yrs
MM 507 since 6/9/98