[IP] Has anyone had this happen?

Yesterday I took out my sil after being in for three days and found that all
around the area I had bruising and that the site itself was really red.  It
almost looks like someone kicked me in the stomach.  Today when I woke up the
bruising extended about and inch and a half from where the cannula was.  It
is starting to yellow.  Is this something that occurs if you use the same
area too much?