: [IP] Tendon Cysts

These sound like Dupytren's Contractures, a shortening of the flexor tendons
of the hand. Often seen in people who traumatize their hands such as framers
(who swing a hammer all day), Railroad switchmen and tower operators in old
"Armstrong" towers, pipefitters, riviters and demolition workers.  Your
surgeon is conservative but I would ask how many he's fixed and what the
results were. Hands are basic survival equipment, especially to a diabetic,
I'd only let a hand surgeon do mine. Diabetics get everything and anything.
But that doesn't mean that you should let any Tom Dick or Harry fix it.Loss
of hand function is serious..