Re: [IP]itchy sites

I agree with todd - I had itching and it was the tape (adhesive really)) I tried all the tapes available and all made me itchy crazy by the second day - I went to silloutees (sp?) and NO MORE problesms!!! It took about 2 weeks for my stomach to clear up from all the tiny bumbs and itchyness - My CDE says there is a new things coming out first of June that will have a different adhesive which is supposed to more more hypo-alergetic - I'll let you know!

go for sillouttees (comforts for minimed)!

joni

>>> Todd Beall <email @ redacted> 05/23/00 12:04AM >>>
<original message--part>
<I have been on the pump since January of this year.  My experience was
great until my skin started to have sores and itching very bad where my
site had been.  I was taken off of the pump for a short time.  I am
still having problems with my skin and can not go on my pump for more
than one day at a time.>

Hi Mindy,

Have you tried the silhouettes? I started with the sofsets and had lots
of reactions to the tape, etc. I changed to the sils and have had far
less skin problems.  Sure beats not being on the pump!

Hope this helps.

Todd