From: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 10:16 AM
Subject: [IP] Not pumping yet...MM 508 question

>Hi folks,
>I have been staring at my MM508 and supplies for about a month now.  Sort
of afraid to make that leap.  I have a start up appt scheduled for 6/19.
Ready or not. Apparently a four hour office appointment and I go home
pumping. YIKES!
>I hope I'm not being overly vain here, but I find myself thinking this
whole thing would be much easier if I could stay home (i.e. not work).
Which must mean I have issues with the outward sign I have diabetes. (yup).
But then I argue which is more important, my life or my job?? ARGH!
>So, onward.  Where do you all put your pump??  I would consider a belt clip
if I am wearing a blazer or outer shirt.  I figure the bra thing is not
going to work cause, well, there's just not enough "cushion" to hide it in!!
Pocket might work on "pants" days, but do you sew a hole in your pocket for
the tubing??
>And one last question...what is with the clicking noise?
>Am I to assume the pump clicks everytime 0.1u is delivered basal bolus or
otherwise??  Doesn't that get annoying?  or do I just notice because it is
in my hand and I'm playing with it?
>Sorry for the long post, I'm just still in the phase of becoming
comfortable with the whole idea.