Re: [IP] Medicare coverage of pump supplies

In a message dated 5/29/00 4:43:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< As of April of this year Medicare has agreed to cover pump supplies.  Has
 anyone successfully applied for this coverage and if so what supplies does
 Medicare cover?
 Kathie >>
Hi Kathie: The answer is yes. I got the first pump on Medicare from
Disetronic. I have been able to get 10 infusion sets, 25 cartridiges,and 1
box of IV prep. I also have BC/BS as a secondary insurance. Under Medicare
you can only order 1 months supply. I am now trying to talk BC/BS into
picking up the cost on a quarterly basis. Medicare will allow 6 months supply
if you live in a distant place (i.e., deep in the woods of Maine). If it is
hard for you to get to the supply house (snow or heat).I find it odd they
gave me 25 [1 box) cartridges and only 1 box of sets. I would have much
rather had the reverse. I will keep the list posted of the dealings with my
two insurance's! Roger C dx121/12/47 pm 5/8/00