Re: [IP] Re:Pumpers under 40 lbs.

email @ redacted wrote:
> Natalie is two years old and weighs 24.4 lbs and hardly has any fat at all.
> We started out using the Silhouettes but found them to be a breeding ground
> for staph infections, two sites, two very major infections, antibiotics and
> keytones, etc.

I had a lot of trouble with infections from Sils also, and finally found
a way to prevent them -- I cover the half of the button with the window
with Tegaderm.

Because I'm allergic to Tegaderm, I trim it to fit the shape of the Sil.

If you look closely at a Sil, you will see that the window is wide open
where the little cannula passes through on the way from the button to
your skin. This is an easy entry for bacteria, and traps water after a
bath. So I figured, by covering it up, I could prevent the infections.
So I tried it, and I haven't had an infection since.

If you decide to try this, make sure the edge of the Tegaderm is aligned
on the button with the place where it disconnects -- that way you can
still disconnect, but the window opening is completely covered.

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted