Re: [IP] Tendon Cysts

In a message dated 5/28/00 9:24:01 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I am looking for the name of a condition I have involving the growth of
cysts on the tendons to the fingers. I know the resulting effect if left
untreated is called claw hand. >>

Are you talking about Dupuytren's contracture?  I never thought of the lumps
as cysts, exactly, but there are growths on the tendons -- mine have not
stayed constant over the years.  Once or twice there has been one that has
been painful, but usually they are not  (but I have known people who had to
have them surgically removed).  It helps to push the hands as flat as
possible against each other to keep things stretched.  With me, the condition
came accompanied by trigger fingers, which has been the real problem.  Those
can be extremely painful and debilitating.  I was diagnosed with Dupuytren's
in 1986 and it has not progressed much (contrary to the info on some
surgeon's internet sites).

Linda  Z