[IP] Tendon Cysts

I am looking for the name of a condition I have involving the growth of
cysts on the tendons to the fingers. I know the resulting effect if left
untreated is called claw hand. The worst finger has a cyst about as big
around as the end of my little finger and protruding about 1/16" to 3/32"
above the palm of my hand. The other is just discernable by feel and has
not elevated itself higher than the surface of my palm. Right now there is
no displacement of the fingers out of vertical when held straight up and my
orthopaedic surgeon has said we will just observe it until there is
approximately 1" displacement. As with just about everything else after
being diabetic for 39 years my doctor said that this is common among
diabetics. Is there anything that isn't?