Re: [IP] islet cells for who?

In a message dated 5/28/00 12:33:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< In a message dated 5/28/00 12:21:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
 email @ redacted writes:
 << Debate is good; I hope there will be just as much debate among those who
  have the power to decide! >>
    I agree that this is a goodnews/bad news scenario. The University of
 Alberta was apparently inundated with calls from around the world when the
 news broke of the successful "cure" of 8 type I patients. I told my husband
 that I feared a "bidding war" >>
I have watched this thread begin with intrest.It looks like there could be 2
camps the older diabetic and the younger diabetic. I have been one of the
lucky ones with small complications. I have lived my whole life waiting for a
cure and still see only a small possibility of a real cure. I have been a
volunteer for any study as early as the 1950s and would need more information
to have a cell transplant. I would also understand if they told me they only
wanted younger  diabetics I would understand. I would like to start over
again, so if a cure is possible I will stand in line with everyone else.