Re: [IP] islet cells for who?

In a message dated 5/27/00 8:14:40 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I always thought that IDDM was IDDM.  no "better or worse" cases.  you
 either need insulin or you don't. >>
I can see it now.  Those type 1s who don't give a "hoot" about what their
control is like will get transplanted first.  Those of us on pumps, working
our hearts out for good A1c's will be seen as less severe.  I think you're
right.  IDDM is IDDM, some of us just refuse to accept wildly inadequate
control and have done everything possible to try to stabalize it, pumps,
testing every hour, spending hours each day educating ourselves on the
internet, searching for knowledgable doctors, etc. even though that's often a
full time frustrating job.

When that islet transplant is avail to us, we'll be sure to do some
explain'in about who's going to get it first, won't we?