Re: [IP] Interesting morning... another twist

> In a message dated 5/27/00 11:56:07 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> << The presense or absence of the spike has a lot to do with how
> well
>  you are rested and the time of day you rise.  >>>

>  I had to change
> to go to bed at 9:30 and up at 5 while there.  That is when the
> spike disappeared.  I got back home last week and have been going
> back to my regular schedule, and the spike returned the last two
> days.  Very interesting.

Just figure out a regular "wake up bolus" and you got it covered. Try
a fasting morning (might not have a spike when fasting), then a carb
breakfast -- ceral, toast whatever.... then a protein only breadfast
with only eggs and non-carb fluids (no coffee either) breakfast. You
should get a distinct repeatable bg track with each type of morning.
The difference between the carb only and no carb breakfast should be
only the carb intake and related bg response. I would expect to see
the spike when you eat breakfast of any kind, but not necessarily
when you fast. This is what happened for us, YMMV.