Re:[IP] Post Illness Highs

Subject: [IP] Post Illness Highs
From: email @ redacted
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 11:50:10 EDT
Holly said&asked(I've snipped to an essence):
>post-illness highs last weeks, not days.  ...
>but still fighting highs two weeks later.
>...went on for 3 months after ...
>I just wonder why this lasts so long?
I suggest mom consider getting more aggressive
about upping basal-rates during and "after",
then reduce as needed when you see "low".
I think this is what we see, for instance,
Ruth&Geneva doing, and also that activity
reduced may require increased insulin besides
the infections requiring more.  Besides 10 being
a growth age which probably means changes in
basal requirements too, independent of illness.
I'm 48, and can change my basal rates by small
amounts after only a few days of pattern
BG readings being out-of-desired ranges.

David C. Winegarden
Fremont, CA