[IP] Post Illness Highs

Summer's (10yo) post-illness highs last weeks, not days.  A simple cold this
time, but still fighting highs two weeks later.  This winter it went on for 3
months after an ear infection.  Doesn't make sense to me.  Thank goodness she
only gets sick a couple times a year.  If she was a normal child, getting
something every few weeks, we'd be in trouble non-stop!!  I just wonder why
this lasts so long?