[IP] FYI-Understanding the Edmonton Success

Greetings all:
   I was fortunate to be in attendance at the JDF conference in Washington
last weekend, and to observe the "electricity" in the air, generated by the
imprssive success of the islet transplants done in Edmonton at the University
of Alberta. Since JDF's research budget was $68 million in 1999, $75 million
for this year & was supposed to be $100 million in 2001 - BUT the board of
directors voted to increase that to $120 million for 2001, I felt it was
imperative to understand just what was so different about this particular
trial. I posted my LENGTHY report (complete with www.google.com research) at
the Islet Foundation message board <A
HREF="http://www.islet.org/forum/wwwboard.htm">The Islet Foundation Public
Message Forum</A>, but if anyone would like me to e-mail them directly with
my post, write to me at email @ redacted, and I'll forward it. To quote
renowned scientists in attendance, this advancement propels a cure for
diabetes into the realm of not "IF" it can be cured, but "WHEN" it will be
Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump-mom/advocate/coach)