Re: [IP] sub teachers/504 plans

> I am a sub. teacher, myself.
> I also have never come across a 504 plan in any classroom.

Something else really scary but entirely true - I'm in my 12th year of
teaching in a public school system (also did 2 years of subbing) & until
joining this list, I had never heard of a 504 plan!  Most of my teaching
career has been spent working with grades 5-12...the reason for the
oversight?  I believe it's because I teach a "special" - music.  Parents,
please don't EVER assume that ALL of your child's teachers are given
adequate information on their health profile...be very visible & vocal &
continue to insist on at least an intial contact at the beginning of each
school year with every one of your child's teachers & any other adults in
any kind of supervisory position, to make sure that they are as informed as
they should be.  Include  music, art gym, shop, computers, library,
secretaries, playground aides, cafeteria help, the custodian...you name it -
make them aware!!  The life you save may very well be your child's.