Re: [IP] Question on Rapids

On 26 May 00, at 16:20, Dianne De Mink wrote:
> I recently started using Rapids but still can't determine what the correct
> needle length is for me.  I have used the 8mm and 10mm and 'feel' no
> difference.  Does the length depend mostly on one's comfort?  I question
> whether or not the insulin is being dispersed properly ( in the fatty
> tissue, right?).  The 8mm does not become dislodged, although since I've
> extra poundage I thought the 10mm be better.  Unexpected highs after
> inserting an 8mm made me wonder if that could be an issue.

The different lengths are designed for the differing depths of dermis
to penetrate (6,8,10 and 12 mm)   Most people use the 8 mm
though the 6 mm is more commonly used for children and those
that are challenged in adiposity. If you are having difficulty with
insulin absorption ask your rep. for samples of the longer needle