[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

[IP] Magnifying light

> The lighthouse for the blind
> sells a magnifying light which combines a strong magnifying lens with a
> flashlight. I got one for my father who has macular degeneration and he
> see small things with poor contrast quite well with this.

There is a government program in the USA that gives visual aids to those who
qualify (fisual problems) if the person is over 55 years of age. If younger,
they are discounted. They have many products to assist living with visual
impairment. In St.Joe/Elkhart/LaGrange counties in Indiana, it is called
ADEC, but it is through the US government. They even make a housecall to see
your needs and help with you. When my vision was 20/400 for 8 months, I was
given one of those magnifying glasses, Large Print Guideposts, Talking
Books, and a talking watch. Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) and
Bluda Sue (MM 507c, 3/99)

for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml