Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 14:08:24 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #199

I have been on the miniMed508 pump since November and had a great first few
months. Over the last  few months I have been waking up at 2-3 am to test my
sugar and it's been close to 300. I take a bolus then but when I get up at
my sugar  is still in the high 200s. A couple days ago at my first visit
a new endo, I  was told to raise my basal rates between 3-8 am and this
help fix the dawn phenomenon I  seem to be experiencing. It seems to me 3am
is too late to be increasing my humalog dose because by then my sugar is
already very high, but the endo did not seem to agree with my blood sugar
records. Has anyone had experience adjusting for the dawn phenomenon? I am a
27 year old female who is become somewhat frustrated with out of contol
sugars. Thanks for any help you may offer.  Barbara