Re: [IP] bg rise with waking

At 09:29 PM 5/25/00 -0400, you wrote:
 >We've tried raising my morning basal, taking 2u per 15g of carb for
 >breakfast, and just like clockwork, no matter what I do, my bg after
 >breakfast is very high.

I take 2.5 units for 15 grams of CHO in the morning, and I have to raise my
basal rate from 0.3 to 0.6 from 8:00 a.m until 11:00 a.m.  Breakfast is one
piece of buttered toast at 7:00 or so.  It's not what I expected from
reading the literature but it works for me.

The high carb bolus is important, but I think the increased basal rate is
really the key.  You'll see whether you need to do this as well once (or
twice, or thice) you do a fasting basal rate check.