Barbara,
I have experienced the dawn phenomena too (I am 27 year old female too).     I
adjusted my basals between midnight and 9 am by .1 until I found the rate which
worked for me.  I don't understand why your endo didn't "agree" with your bg
records?  How can he disagree?  Good luck with the adjustments.
Santana