[IP] equalizing air in vials

Subject: [IP] Re: Avoiding Bubbles

>>pressure in the *reservoir* will drop to ambient as soon as the insulin
>>is withdrawn into it. We don't really care what the pressure is inside the
>>*bottle*. IMHO, this effect can be neglected.<

>If one assumes that there is an equal exchange of gas for insulin, I would
>agree.  However, I have intentionally tried to equalize the pressure inside
>vial by inserting a open syringe and heard air escaping.

I'm going to go on a technicality here. If there is too much air in the vial
when withdrawing insulin, the syringe's plunger will be forced back out.
When I have taken only a syringe needle to equalize the pressure, it is NOT
air escaping, it is air going into the vial because too much was withdrawn
causing a vacuum.
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)