[IP] <email @ redacted>

Your pattern sounds very much like mine.  My basal rates are .4 from 7 pm to
4 am and then .6 until 1 pm.  No snack at bedtime and good sugars through the
night.  The morning rise in type I diabetics is often attributed to the Dawn
Phenomenon caused by early morning surges of growth hormone, an insulin
antagonist that regularly causes elevated blood sugar readings in the morning
("Pathogenesis of the Dawn Phenomenon in Patients with IDDM").  I thought I
would include the citation as I have seen a number of emails alluding to the
same, or a similar, problem.