Re: [IP] Poor Vision and filling cartridge..any hints?

On 24 May 00, at 21:48, Carolyn Green wrote:

> Hope someone can offer some suggestions. In our pump support group we have a
> new member who wants to use a pump but has very limited vision. She was
> unable to fill the MM cartridge without help because the insulin is clear
> and difficult to see. Has anyone ever tried adding a drop of food colouring
> to the insulin to make it easier to see? Any suggestions are welcome!!

Food coloring wouldn't be a good idea - it would be like a deep tattoo and it
also isn't sterile.  If you have a flashlight or high intensity light directed at
the cartridge from the side the liquid scatters the light a little and it makes
it easier to see.  I've used this technique to check for bubbles.   I use a
mini-MagLight and it works well.

Rev. Randall Winchester
WD4HVA (email @ redacted)