<<I have a problem much like yours.  I wake up with a nice 85, read the
and drink 2 cups of coffee with a total of 1/2 cup skim milk and at
time, maybe an hour later, I am 220.  I wonder how 1/2 cup skim milk can
sent  my bg's to the moon?>>

Could it be that you need a higher basal rate during that time of the
morning as opposed to the skim milk being the only culprit?  Just an idea.