some people have a "get out of bed in the morning rise" in bg's.   from what
I have read,  they sometimes just automatically give themselves a bolus as
they start moving around.

you might want to experiment and test often.

I am a bit concerned about your waking to bg's of 45 though!!   perhaps you
need to adjust your predawn basals so that you are not taking as much.  the
higher numbers after getting up may be a rebound effect.

mom to geneva, age 11