[IP] Fast Take Meters and temp extremes

Has anyone experienced problems getting their Fast Take meters to function
when air temps are above 85 deg F or below 55 deg F. I've been very
frustrated lately with my meter failing to read  when I need it. So much for
the advertisement for " anywhere, any place, any time" Lifescan runs for
these meters. Tech support advised carrying the meter in a cooler, HA. They
also agreed to exchange the meter for another type, but geez, I like the
compact style and quick results (when I can get them). Any practical
suggestions would be appreciated.

Chris; dxd 7/87, pumping since 2/00.