[IP] Re: Back to Cereal again... -- update

<part of my original post>
<<I definitely would not bolus anything after a 1 hour check. Even with
using Humalog, you still have 76% of humalog still to go! After 2 hours,
you still have 36% to go. After 3 hours, only 15%.  >>

<part of RoseLea's post>
<My CDE tells me that in their experience they have found that about 50%
of the humalog is used up in the first hour.  With your figures of 76%
left, that's as slow as Regular.  (The Pumping Insulin Book shows about
80% of Regular left after one hour.)  I trust my CDE and Care Team's
experience,>

Hi RoseLea,

Not to belabor this, but while my figures may not be correct (they are
taken from the graph that comes with every humalog bottle), I doubt very
strongly that 50% of humalog is used up in the first hour. (Have others
on this list heard or experienced this??)

Regular takes a much longer time to get going, and always peaks around 3
hours. With humalog, the peak is more like 2 hours, so it is quite a bit
faster than regular. But there's still a good bit of insulin (1/3 the
amount) around between 2 and 3 hours.

No problem with testing after 1 hour (as far as I'm concerned, the more
testing the better--that's why I'm hoping for a continuous monitor
sometime soon!), but I would still recommend also checking after 2 at
least sometimes.

Thanks!

Todd