[IP] Re: air bubbles

Recently Lyra wrote,

"I had a really hard time getting all the air bubbles out of the
syringe. I've tried using pens, and other things trying to get rid of the
air  bubbles, and it seems not to work. Anyone have any ideas, suggestions,
advice??? All suggestions are welcome!"

If you use the SofSerter, I have a tip I got from Natalie Sera (thanks,
Natalie!). When you have the insulin drawn up in the
reservoir/syringe/little plastic tube, give it a sharp whack with the side
of the SofSerter. They are both plastic, and I haven't cracked either one
yet. This knocks loose bubbles a lot more efficiently that just flicking the
syringe with your finger tip (the official method, which I used to do,
resulting in bruised fingers and still some bubbles). Sometimes the subtle
techniques are just not enough!

Keith Johnson
Fleischmann Planetarium
email @ redacted
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."