Re: [IP] Suggestion

>But I think the suggestion meant for this site be sent to each newbie as a
>*Welcome* message before the first post or digest is received. Keith's list
>of how to respond would also be nice to be included in an automated newbie
>welcome.  I'm on other lists that send out automated messages such as that.
>It might save frustrations for the newbies and the oldies. ;)
>Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) and Bluda Sue (MM507c, 3/99)

One thing that everyone must realize is that the Welcome message that is
sent out to all new members is hardly ever read by members.  I mainly know
this by all the messages the Administrators get on the main list and
everything about how to do what  (for example unsubscribing and such).

and most delete it before they even have questions.