[IP] re: problems with cereal

Todd wrote:

>>Could one problem be the milk (not just the cereal)? I've thought for
years that milk raises my blood sugar an amount larger than it's
supposed to, and so generally don't drink it (but I do put it on cereal). <<

Yes, my CDE thinks the main culprit may be the milk.  I think I posted
before that I tried an experiment.  I drank only 1/4 c of 2% milk before bed
with no other snack and no bolus.  My bg went higher after the milk than it
had without any milk.  But I happen to like milk and consider it my best
source of calcium so I don't really want to cut it out of my diet.

Assimilated with Max, 5/15/2000