[IP] Re: extended lows

Recently Allison wrote:

>  I had a day/night like that with JayJay once. Only his low lasted for
> 14 hours!!! Couldn't get him above 60 from 2pm until 4am. At 4am he finally
> got up to 100 and I let myself fall asleep. At 7am he was 465(ish).

Forgive me if I'm being presumptuous, but I hafta ask: are you all treating
the lows with simple sugars first? When I was growing up I used to use ice
cream and chocolate candy a lot. But a couple years ago I found out you
should use simple sugars first, as they work much faster. The gels
manufactured for the purpose are even faster. Then, after you get back into
safe territory, you should do some complex carbs in addition. If you start
by using complex carbs, it may take a _long_ time to help. Then, of course,
you're going to rebound even worse than usual.

Sorry if this is old news! And this probably wasn't the problem if the low
was lasting for 14 hours, of course.

Keith Johnson
Fleischmann Planetarium
email @ redacted
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."