Re: [IP] DKA correction rule

   Melissa hasn't been in the 400s thankfully since the fall, but when she
was ( insertion set had come out while baby-sitting and of course she had
NADA with her to remedy it!) Hubby & I ran to her rescue with syringe &
insulin in hand. I calculated she'd need 7 units, but gave her 12 or 13 and
she was already dropping by the time she came home from babysitting. She also
knows to drink a lot in those situations. Obviously it DOES make a difference
when the bgs have soared into those stratospheric levels to correct

Regards, Renee